Teen Leadership Programs
Formally our ALT program, gives campers in grades 7-9:
- Focused coaching on topics including what makes a good leader
- Opportunities to step out of their comfort zone in front of the group
- Situations where they can display initiative and practice communication and critical thinking
- Moments to practice their leadership style with other teens and our younger campers
- Feedback on where they’re doing well and where they can grow, building their confidence in their abilities
Campers in LIT will feel challenged and empowered to live up to their full potential and to assume leadership roles in many areas of their lives.
This program is about learning by doing. Campers will have the opportunity to work directly with younger campers under mentorship of camp staff. You will get practice in leading groups and teaching games and skills. You will also get to create, plan, and present your own special event for campers. The training provided in this program will help prepare participants for leadership roles in all walks of life, specifically those that involve the leadership of children. Each CIT will be certified in CPR training. During the program CITs will be evaluated on their summer camp counselor skills. A few of those who show the necessary skills will be chosen to participate as volunteers in the last two weeks of summer. Camp Arrowhead begins hiring counselors at age 16. All interested must fill out the CIT Application (to be filled out by CAMPER) in addition to Registration Form (to be filled out by PARENT).
Entering Grades 7-9
- Daily swim period
- Specialty options are choice-based and focus on learning a new skill, progression, and mastery.
- Enhanced programming includes values-based discussions, fishing, Atlatls, and leadership opportunities.
- Three overnight options
- Field trip option each Friday (additional cost) to area attractions. Download flyer here.
Week 2 (July 6-10) Roseland Water Park
Teens leave at 9:00am and will return no later than 5:00pm. Teens will need to pack a lunch or bring money to buy. Please bring bathing suit and towel, there is no dry activities, teens will get wet.
Week 4 ( July 20-24) Laser Quest
Teens leave at 9:30am and will return no later than 4:00pm. Lunch will be provided for this trip. There is an arcade that teens may play games.
Week 6 (August 3-7) SeaBreeze
Teens leave at 10:00am and will return no later than 5:30pm. Teens will need to pack a lunch or bring money to buy.
Week 8 (August 17-21) Darien Lake
Teen leave at 8:00am and will return no later than 5:30pm. Teens will need to pack a lunch or bring money to buy.
*Teens will be responsible for their own money, any misplaced, lost or stolen money will not be covered by YMCA Camp Arrowhead. *Please note drop off and pick up times*