At Leaders School, teens participate in a structured program that includes:
- Leadership and teaching skills in Aquatics, Physical Education, and Special Interest areas
- Character Development and Values Education
- Elective programs in a broad area of interests
- Special programs and events including an induction ceremony, banquet, and dance
School Dates: July 24-29, 2016
Early Bird Rate through April 15, 2016: $525
After April 15, 2016: $595
A deposit of $100 is required. The balance needs to be paid via check to your local YMCA. Please contact your Leaders Club advisor for more information.
Goals and ObjectivesLeaders School is designed to meet the following goals and objectives:
- To supplement the work of the local YMCA in training its young people who have demonstrated leadership potential
- To offer a mentoring experience with volunteers and professionals to stimulate their continuing interest in the work of the YMCA
- To introduce methods of teaching and leadership skills, qualifying them in turn to initiate training in their own YMCA
- To enhance leadership capabilities including teaching and performance skills in physical education, aquatics, recreation, character development, and other areas of YMCA youth work
- To acquire the human relations skills necessary to translate personal values into positive action
- To have the most amount of fun possible in 5-1/2 days!
A staff of YMCA directors and volunteers throughout the Northeast provide leadership and specialized instruction. They are carefully selected for their experience with teens, Leaders Clubs, teaching, and group work skills.
Leaders School Staff
Click here to register.
The following documents must be completed and signed in order for you to participate in Leaders School.
Dress Code Agreement
Program Participation Waiver
Rules and Policies Agreement
An Informal Conversation with your Teen
YMCA Northeast Leaders School has limited scholarship opportunities available for qualifying families. Please download the form below and return it to Nick Bond at the YMCA prior to submitting your registration. Click here to email Nick, or mail your completed form to: Nick Bond, Southtowns Family YMCA, 1620 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca, NY 14224. Scholarship gifts will be decided within three days of receipt of completed paperwork.