The Lewis Street Child Care Center provides a variety of child care programs in a safe, positive environment that encourages parent involvement and allows each child to develop to his or her fullest potential. Our facility features eight classrooms, a gymnasium and a beautiful playground for outdoor play. Through a multitude of age-appropriate activities, children ages 6-weeks through 12 years of age can learn new skills and develop positive values.
The Lewis Street Child Care Center also provides additional services to enhance the family experience, including:
- Transportation to and from your home when space is available (limited to certain areas).
- Food Service - Our facility includes a fully-equipped kitchen with experienced food service staff who provide our children with a nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack each day. We follow the Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP) and New York State Health Department guidelines, and are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Development, hearing and speech screening and referrals through the Rochester Hearing & Speech Center.
- Children with special needs receive services through the Regional Early Childhood Direction Center and BOCES #1.
- Medical advice and health education through Visiting Nurse Service.
- Vision and hearing screening for ages 3-5 through the Monroe County Department of Health.
- Telemedicine: Prevention, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of common health problems.
- Teledentistry: Help prevent early childhood tooth decay.
- Tutoring and homework assistance for school-age children through the Nazareth Partners for Learning Program.
- Diagnostic observation and assessment through the Early Childhood Education Quality Council of Rochester.
- Curriculum enhancement through a collaboration with Children's Institute and Regional Early Childhood Direction Center.