SIGNING UP FOR CHILD WATCH & FAMILY TIME
NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES IN PLACE
Child Watch is a member benefit for those with Individual Parent, Family and Family Plus memberships, giving parents and guardians the chance to have their kids be in a safe, clean space while they workout or take a class.
Child Watch is available for kids six weeks to 12 years old.
Things are different with Child Watch and our Family Time; the biggest is that advance registration is required. We want to help make sure our families are prepared.
HOW TO REGISTER
You will register for Child Watch the same way you register for class and lap swim.
- To find it, you can go to the ‘Schedules’ tab on our website or YMCA of Greater Rochester app. It will be listed as “Child Watch.”
- Registration will open the day before. For example, if you are registering for Child Watch at 8:30 am Monday, registration will open at 12:01 am on Sunday.
- To register your child(ren), you will actually register yourself. You will need to register yourself as many times as you have children.
- For example, if Mary Smith is registering her two children, she will find the time she wants on the schedule, click the “Register” button and register herself. Once she completes the first registration, she will then go back to the schedule, find the time and register herself again.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Once you get to Child Watch, YMCA staff will take the temperature of each child before they can enter. Parents and guardians will not be allowed in but will sign their child(ren) in just as they have before.
To maintain our capacity guidelines, time at Child Watch will be limited to 90 minutes. There will also be staggered times for ease of drop-off and pick-up, and to allow for cleaning in between. Child Watch will be closed in the middle of the day to allow for extra cleaning. Times for Child Watch have been set to align with Group Exercise Classes.
As a reminder: In accordance with government guidelines, masks are required for children ages 2 to 11 due to their ineligibility for the vaccine.
Child Watch and Family Time hours vary depending on location. Please check your branch schedule for hours.
The Southwest Family YMCA is not offering Child Watch at this time.
We are excited to begin Family Time at our Bay View, Corning, Eastside, Maplewood, Northwest, Schottland and Westside YMCAs. Family Time allows your family to have fun, be active and enjoy time together.
Advanced registration is required for Family Time. You will follow the same instructions above to register for Child Watch for Family Time:
- For example, if Mary Smith is registering her family of four, she will find the time she wants on the schedule, click the “Register” button and register herself. Once she completes the first registration, she will then go back to the schedule, find the time and register herself again.
Family Time will have a capacity of 10 people and run for 45 minutes. Those 10 people can be of the same family or groups of families.
Effective May 24, in accordance with government guidelines:
- Masks are optional if you are fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated members 12+ must wear a mask.
- Masks are required for children ages 2 to 11 due to their ineligibility for the vaccine.
- We ask you to demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility toward each other and our staff as proof of vaccination status is not required.
FAMILY SWIM AT EASTSIDE & SCHOTTLAND YS
Given our current capacity limitations, we have determined there is a need to implement a registration system for Family Swim on Saturday and Sunday only at our Schottland and Eastside locations. This will go into effect starting March 20. Registration is not required for weekday Family Swim, or at any of our other locations. Please note: You will have to register if you wish to swim before or after a swim lesson.
You will follow the same instructions above to register for Child Watch and Family Time for Family Swim.
- For example, if Mary Smith is registering herself and two children, she will find the time she wants on the schedule, click the “Register” button and register herself. Once she completes the first registration, she will then go back to the schedule, find the time and register herself two more times.
- To cancel your spot in Family Swim, first select “Login | Register” to access your account. Once in your account select the icon that looks like an outline of a person, on mobile it will be 3 vertical lines, then select “Schedule.”To cancel, select the “CANCEL” button next to the Family Swim Reservation. You can cancel your reservation for any reason up to one-hour prior to the start of your reservation. If you do not plan on attending Family Swim, please cancel your spot so that another member may participate.
Details on the YMCA of Greater Rochester’s reopening and new policies and procedures can be found here.
We appreciate your continued support.