Diabetes Prevention Program
DID YOU KNOW?
- About 86 million American adults have prediabetes, a condition where blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not yet diabetes.
- Half of all Americans age 65 or older have prediabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes is a leading cause of heart disease, stroke, blindness, kidney disease and nerve disease
- People with prediabetes are likely to develop type 2 diabetes within 10 years, unless they take action to prevent or delay the disease.
If you are at risk for type 2 diabetes, the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program provides a supportive environment where you work with others to learn strategies to make small measurable changes that can reduce your risk and help you live a happier, healthier life.
CHANGE IS TOUGH – WE CAN HELP
Diabetes Prevention Program goals:
Reduce body weight by 7%.
Gradually increase physical activity to at least 150 minutes per week.
Group support for a whole year:
- The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program gives you the skills you need and the support you deserve to make lasting healthy lifestyle changes.
- You participate in a safe space where you feel comfortable sharing and learning in private.
- We work as a group where you can make new friends.
- You will enjoy new energy and confidence that comes from losing weight and reducing your risk for type 2 diabetes.
Maplewood Family YMCA
Monday’s from Noon-1pm
Begins April 8, 2019
Space is limited!