WESTSIDE RESOURCE CENTER
The Westside Resource Center promotes successful aging by providing an engaging atmosphere encompassing mind, body, and spirit. By creating a space full of celebration and friends, the Westside Resource Center combats isolation, promotes community, and encourages life-long learning. The Center is open to any Y members ages 60 years old and older.
The Westside Resource Center is brought to you through support from the YMCA of Greater Rochester, Lifespan, and the United Way of Greater Rochester.
Things to do
In addition to friends and our caring staff, you can also take part in a variety of activities, including:
- GVPT (Genesee Valley Physical Therapy) Presentations & Screenings: 1st and 3rd Monday of each month from 10:00 – 11:00am
- Card Games: Wednesdays – 9:15 – 12:00pm
- Mah Jongg: Fridays – 9:15 – 12:00pm
- Blood Pressure Check: 2nd Monday of each month from 8:00 – 11:00am
- Essential Oils Presentations: 2nd Tuesday of each month from 10:00 – 11:00am
- Parkinson’s Support Group: 2nd Tuesday of each month from 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Eldersource Case Management Services: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 11:00 – 1:00pm (by appointment)
- Kindness Creations (Sewing Group): 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:00 – 2:00pm
- Book Club: 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11:00 – 12:00pm
- 10 Minute Massages (Complimentary): 3rd Thursday of each month from 9:30 – 11:30am (by appointment)
- Computer Instruction: 3rd Thursday of each month from 1:00 – 2:00 or 2:00 – 3:00pm
Location & Hours
The Westside Resource Center is located at the Westside Family YMCA, 920 Elmgrove Road, Rochester, NY 14624.
Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 4:00pm.
The Westside Resource Center is a member benefit, but we do periodically offer community-wide workshops and classes. Examples of these workshops include Oasis Classes, AARP Smart Drivers courses, and Lifespan Information & Inspiration Workshops for Caregivers. For an updated schedule and current offerings, please see the contact information below.
For more information, please feel free to contact the Westside Family YMCA at 585-341-3075. Please ask for Tracy LaFountain, Program Coordinator or Julie Montgomery, Active Older Adults Coordinator.