MICKEY SANDS CHILD CARE CENTER
The Mickey Sands Child Care Center is to serve the Canandaigua community.
Children are cared for in a warm and nurturing environment where they will receive early learning, intervention and educational services. These services are designed to improve the child’s cognitive, social, emotional, early literacy, fine and gross motor skills. Children ages 3 & up receive weekly swim lessons. Children ages 18 months & up will participate in weekly dance classes.
Classrooms have established routines and schedules. Nutritious meals are provided for breakfast, lunch and snacks.
All staff go through a rigorous hiring process to ensure all meet the qualifications of the YMCA and the Office of Children and Family Services. Staff receive ongoing training to promote professional development that addresses the education, growth, and development of children.
All families enrolled at the Mickey Sands Child Care Center will receive a FREE Sands Family YMCA Membership.
Please note: Our site is currently full with waitlist opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Infants (6 weeks-18 months): $362 per week
- Toddlers (18-36 months): $336 per week
- Preschool (3-4 years old): $325 per week
The YMCA of Greater Rochester child care policies state that payments for child care are required to be made weekly and is due on the Friday two weeks prior to attending. Private pay, Experience Scholarship, and Department of Human Services (DHS) will be accepted at all of our child care centers.
- The Experience Scholarship Program provides individuals and families in need with financial support to enable their participation in YMCA of Greater Rochester membership and program activities. Scholarships are granted based on available resources and family eligibility.
Yes: Department of Human Services (DHS)
- The YMCA also provides “Facilitated Enrollment” for parents who may be able to receive state subsidy. We will assist you with the process of paperwork and help you keep track of information that is needed for the state. If you need to apply for DHS, please contact us.
If you have further questions, please contact us at SandsChildCare@RochesterYMCA.org