CAREERS AT THE Y
WORKING AT THE YMCA IS MORE THAN JUST A JOB, IT’S A CAREER BEING THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester is always looking to grow our team of dedicated staff. Whether your passions and backgrounds are in childcare or in health and wellness, the Y offers a variety of career opportunities.
Limited Time: Bonuses for New Child Care Employees and more!
The YMCA of Greater Rochester is excited to offer both hiring bonuses for new Child Care Center employees and recruitment bonuses to any current employees who help bring new staff to our childcare centers. The following offers are available through December 31, 2023.
A new Part-Time Child Care Employee is eligible to receive a $1,000 sign on bonus. New staff must complete all licensing requirements by December 31.
This includes any current YMCA staff who are not currently licensed child care staff who complete all licensing requirements by December 31 and work in child care.
A new Full-Time Child Care Employee is eligible to receive a $1,500 sign on bonus. New staff must complete all licensing requirements by December 31.
A current YMCA employee can receive a $1,000 recruitment bonus if they are listed as the reference on the application by the new employee, and the new employee completes all licensing requirements by 12/31/23.
WHY WORK AT THE Y?
What makes the Y different than any other job? There are many different benefits to employment, that can build the foundation of a career for a lifetime.
- Experience Beyond the Job
- Retirement Plan
- YMCA Membership – When you work for the Y, you’ll have reduced or free membership. You will also be able to enjoy discounted rates for programs and childcare and all other Member Benefits.
- Tuition Reimbursement – The YMCA is invested in helping our employees improve and develop personally and professionally. Which is why the YMCA works to provide tuition reimbursement for those who are pursuing education to help further their career. The Y also offers discount programs with area schools for up to 25% off of their tuition.
- Engaging work environment
- Flexible Hours
- Leadership Opportunities
- Training, advancement and certification renewals covered by the Y
- Opportunities available in multiple departments
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.