Camp Gorham’s scholarship program is made available through generous donations to the YMCA’s Annual Campaign, Project 241. Applications are available through the parent dashboard and are kept confidential. The amount of assistance granted is based on individual need and family circumstances. Applications are due by May 31 and have a two-week processing time. Applications received after May 31st have a four-week processing time. If you have questions or need assistance with your application, please contact the Camp Office.
The goal of our Scholarship Program is to ensure as many children as possible have an opportunity to experience overnight camp. To meet this goal, we need your help as you apply.
Remember, no two families are alike financially. Please call us with any questions you may have. We are happy to answer your questions and share how the overnight camp experience can benefit you/your family and/or camper.
Please be aware of the following:
- Scholarship will be given for up to two weeks of Overnight Camp or one Year-Round Program
- Each applicant will be asked to pay a minimum of 15% of camp tuition.
- Scholarship applications and all required paperwork are due prior to May 31. All applications require a minimum of two week processing time. Any application submitted after May 31 is subject to a four week review period which may affect your child’s ability to attend camp.
What do you have to do? (Submit complete application by May 31.)
1) Submit a Camp Enrollment Request online through the Parent Dashboard for each camper applying.
2) Submit Part 1 and 2 of the Scholarship Application Online: for each camper applying.
3) Upload Part 3 of the Scholarship Application:
- Supporting Financial Documents Proof of income:
- Copies of your 4 most recent pay stubs and your 2019 1040 Federal Income Tax Form – first two pages (W-2 forms are not accepted) OR OCFS Worksheet if applicable.
4) Please be aware a 15% deposit of your camper’s full camp tuition is needed with your enrollment request. This deposit is refundable if we cannot provide assistance. If you would like to request a payment plan for your deposit, please indicate in the Scholarship section of your enrollment form an amount you can afford at the time of enrollment. We will contact you to discuss a deposit payment plan.
NOTE: Your child will NOT be enrolled for camp until a deposit is received.
The Scholarship Application can be found within Parent Dashboard located on your Y camps website, located within the forms section of the Parent Dashboard. Please call with any questions or concerns.