- No joining fee (a savings of up to $75.00)
- Exclusive University of Rochester employee rates* for passport membership categories including adult, couple, and family memberships (over $300 of annual savings)
- Member rates on adult programs and classes
- Member rates on youth programs including youth sports, child care, and camps for children of UR employees who are included in an Individual Parent or Family membership.
- Access to all locations including Canandaigua YMCA.
*U of R employee must be the primary member
*May not be combined with any other discount
See chart below. (Rates effective June 1, 2019)
|Young Adult (19-26)
This special rate is for all employees of the University of Rochester and affiliates, union and non-union members. Any membership package purchased must include a UR employee (primary member). May not be combined with any other discount.
Receive discount even if already a Y member
Bring your work ID with you on your next visit to the Y so that we can verify your employment. The membership team at the Welcome Desk will process the rate change. The reduced rate will go into effect immediately.
No joining fee or Contracts
The YMCA has agreed to waive the traditional one-time joining fee for UR and affiliate employees who sign up for membership. Joining fees for other members can be as much as $75 at sign-up. And there are no contracts when you join the YMCA. Your membership is month-to-month and you can cancel at any time.
Financial Assistance available
The YMCA of Greater Rochester gives everyone in our community-regardless of age, income, or background-an opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. At the Y, we ensure everyone has access to our programs and services. We offer financial assistance to qualifying families. Ask us more about it when you join.
UR and affiliate employees simply need to bring their work I.D. and government-issued I.D. to the Welcome Desk at the YMCA branch of their choice and ask to sign up.
Or you may join online immediately. Be aware that you will be subject to the registration fee and the regular monthly rate until you verify your employment status with a work badge and a government issued ID on your first visit. You will only need to bring these IDs your first time. Or you may join on your first visit with IDs and immediately take advantage of the UR employee membership rates.
Your membership provides all the YMCA health and wellness signature programs that regular members enjoy, but at a lower membership rate. You have access to the full spectrum of fitness choices, including the very popular instructional swim/aquatic safety classes, yoga, spinning, weight training, cardiovascular equipment, the Y Diabetes Prevention Program and, at some locations, the program for adult cancer survivors, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.
Included in your membership:
- “Members Only” pricing for child care, camps, and youth-serving programs
- Free child watch with a Family Membership
- Activities for “tweens”
- Hundreds of Group Exercise Programs every week
- Free consultations with our trained staff to help you build your wellness plan
- Youth Development – Leadership opportunities
Most facilities have handicapped parking with ramps to the sidewalk, front door push button handicapped access, chair lifts for pool accessibility, handicapped accessible locker rooms. Gyms and fitness centers are located on the ground level or accessible by elevator. Because of the age of some of our buildings and facility space constraints, some branch programs are offered on the second floor and require stair climbing; however, most of these programs are also offered at additional times on the ground level. Please check with the individual branches for specific details.